Monday, October 16, 2006

Dead...but cosy

Je suis morte.

Today I came home from work to find a package had arrived from South Africa. It contained the socks of doom. Dum, de, dum, dum, dummmmm!



Thank you Jayne, they are lovely and cosy. I have passed the details of my victim on to your assassin. Not sure how they work with the 'just home from work' tights, however.
~~~~~~

Speaking of work... I didn't get the job today. I felt I met my objectives in that I got the interview, got through the interview without falling apart into a blithering wreck and was able to say coherent and (in my opinion) well informed things. Afterwards I went back to work (odd as these things usually last all day but they saw 4 of us in an afternoon) and felt a great sense of peace. I was very happy, actually. There are lots of things I have started where I am that I would like to see through and one day is always different from the next.

Incidentally, they didn't appoint anyone. I saw the short list and all four of us were (in my opinion, again) strong candidates. Then, this evening, I learned that they interviewed for this post last year too and didn't appoint then either. Hmmm.
~~~~

I recently discovered Freecycle. What a great idea! I haven't got round to offering all the things that we have going spare yet, but hope to get organised over the half term holidays next week.

No comments: