Saturday, December 29, 2007

To Be Read...



I'm going to skip New Year Resolutions this time, in favour of a few general aims: I want to continue to look after my body and mind, to try to knit up some of my stash and to read more books. I've joined the To Be Read Challenge.

This is my list of books:
1. Making Money – Terry Pratchett
2. Jingo – Terry Pratchett
3. To Kill A Mocking Bird - Harper Lee
4. Witches Abroad – Terry Pratchett
5. The Truth – Terry Pratchett
6. Carpe Jugulum – Terry Pratchett
7. Instant Confidence – Paul McKenna
8. I Can Make You Thin – Paul McKenna
9. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive – Alexander McCall Smith
10. The World According to Bertie - Alexander McCall Smith
11. Exit Music – Ian Rankin
12. Odinn’s Child – Timothy Severin

And my 'Alternates':
1. The Whale Road – Robert Low
2. The Wyrd Sisters – Terry Pratchett
3. Small Gods – Terry Pratchett
4. The Careful Use of Compliments - Alexander McCall Smith

If you're looking for an author recommendation for the New Year, we can recommend Nick Stone. J and I have both just finished this:



and we both really liked his first novel, Mr Clarinet.

No comments: