Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy New Year!


Belated, again.


I ended last year determined to reduce the number of knitting projects I have on the go. I was trying to get my Fiddlehead Mittens finished, but didn't manage to get them completed, lined, trimmed and blocked until yesterday. Surely these will keep even my frozen fingers warm.



They are made in Rowan Rowanspun 4 ply and Mini Mochi. The Rowanspun was a delight to work with, but the Mini Mochi was horrible. It split, caught on the tips of the bamboo dpns I used to make these and was very 'thick and thin' in places. I love the colours, but won't be using this again. I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like singles.


J and I went to Whitby yesterday morning. The White Horse and Gryphon is for sale. Were we tempted? Only briefly. We've seen too many episodes of Three In a Bed and The Hotel Inspector!

We walked for a bit and then drove up the coast to Sandsend and had a lovely latte in the Wits End Cafe. Great little place. This is the view back across to Whitby.


So, with only one work in progress on the needles, I felt the need to cast on something else:


Socks for P.

Mug is full of  Mocha Matarri from Pumphreys. I love the smell when I open a new bag.

No comments: