Saturday, November 21, 2009

The first Noel

So, what have I been up to lately, while I haven't been blogging?

Work, mostly. After half-term, it is only a short descent towards Christmas. This is a very busy season in a primary school, what with the Nativity, school disco, pantomime, party, church services and squeezing a bit of teaching in for my Year 6 class!



Add to this - on Friday, I discovered it is only a week and a half until my choir's first Carol performance. Alas, I have not yet formed my choir.

Time to get a move on!



I've also had a selection of investigations of my gastro-intestinal system. Mmmm, nice.
These included a gastroscopy, without sedation. I had intended to have the sedation, but the hospital is an hour's drive from home so J had tocome with me and we would have had to hang around about 3 hours in the department so I decided to go for it. 'Brave girl!' said my surgeon. I should have suspected something then.
Suffice to say, it was the most frightening experience of my life. And I've had a baby!



I've also been knitting, but some of it is secret and the rest isn't at a very photogenic stage, so no pictures yet.

1 comment:

iwishiwas said...

Busy, busy! You are brave, sounds pretty awful hope it is all worth it. Look forward to seeing your finished items. I'm quite into my knitting at the moment.