Saturday, January 02, 2010

Looking forwards

Without being cryptic, we got a lot of things sorted out in 2009 - housekeeping and job decisions about where we were heading and what our priorities over the next few years would be.

This year we have lots to look forward to:

j has his exams for the A2 parts of his A levels. He already has offers from the universities he is interested in, but the requirements are high as the place he really wants to go is in the top 5 of all UK universities.He's working really hard and his predicted grades are very good.

I am due to have my surgery this spring, although I'm trying not to think about it and just get on with losing weight at a steady rate.

We're looking forward to our Summer trip. We're flying to San Francisco and then taking a road trip. We're staying in San Francisco, Carmel, Yosemite, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu and Los Angeles, then are flying back from Los Angeles. It is very exciting and I dip into the guide books when the weather here starts to get to me.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! How long are you staying in San Francisco and/or Yosemite? I would love the chance to meet my very first swap partner. :-)

iwishiwas said...

Happy New Year to you, your trip sounds fantastic, I'm very envious. Hope surgery goes well and you blog your progress.