Monday, September 05, 2011

I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils



It's probably a teacher thing, but I think I've always felt this way. I have always loved September. For me it feels like the real 'new year'. It isn't just about the start of a new school year. Who would really enjoy returning to the real world after six weeks of personal time? Although, I do have to say that I, and the majority of my colleagues, do.

For me September signals change: weather, harvest, garden changes, starting to clear the overblown things and fresh starts.


I love the cooler weather and the excitement of new knitwear. The favourite phase of my wardrobe starts in Autumn. I love the colours of Autumn. It's my favourite palette of the year. I love browns and greens and plums and teals.



I always feel refreshed when I go into the shops at the end of August and the racks and manequins are filling up with the Autumn ranges. I like cardigans and opaque tights. I love boots and jackets. I love tweed and corduroy and merino and cashmere. Dare I say it? I like coats!









Happy New Year!


Here's a bouquet for you.

2 comments:

Diane in Chico said...

Happy New Year to you, too. Love the pictures.

Rushton said...

After just having a 'melt-down' about poor quality pencils with uncentered leads, your post made me regain my humor and laugh! Thank you!