Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just when you thought it was safe

to look, I have news of a surgical nature.

I'm on a waiting list to have abdominoplasty. The term 'tummy tuck' seems to minimise and make cuddly a procedure that a surgeon described to me as 'brutal'. So, I'm going to keep saying abdominoplasty.

I'm not sure how long the waiting list is, and feel a little caught out and surprised. I'm rarely this unprepared for life's big events, but this one caught me on the hop. I knew the referral had been made and was rather surprised to get an appointment this year, let alone make it to the list. In fact I hadn't let myself get my hopes up at all.

Today I will ring the surgeon's secretary and ask how long I am likely to be waiting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not greedily eager, but need to let work know what is likely to be happening as soon as I can.

In the meantime. Here are some scary/encouraging videos!






No comments: