Friday, January 04, 2013

Walking the walk

We're taking steps, literally, to increase our fitness. (As per post of 1st Jan) As we like gadgets and need some motivational kick-starting, we have Omron pedometers.
It's very childish of me, but I keep sniggering about alarms going off to tell me Jimmy Saville is around. Glossing over that, mine is purple, J's is green.



I'm working up to 10,000 steps a day. I'm not quite there yet. J is. We took a reasonable walk around Saltholme this afternoon, but afterwards, I was waylaid by ironing, sorting out a cupboard and cleaning out the fridge to track down what that strange, cheesy smell was. Plenty of moving and bending, but not as many steps as J managed while planting up his bargain flowering bulbs in the garden.

I like the new wooden installation at Saltholme. Mad Hatter's Tea Party.



There are lots of hares around, too. 

In knitting news, I finished a test cowl, 3 days late, but I didn't think I was going to manage at all. It's a test for Brenda  of Artemis Adornments.  I'm going to send it to my brother, P, but persuaded a p-ed off j to model it for a photograph.




2 comments:

iwishiwas said...

Good to read your blog again. Always great photographs too. You are looking great after your surgery, good luck with your fitness regime.

iwishiwas said...

Great to read your blog again, always great photographs too. You are looking great after your surgery, good luck with the fitness regime!