Friday, November 10, 2006

It may be cold outside...

but here inside there's still colour.



The Christmas cacti on our kitchen windowsill are flowering well and the African Violets never stop. This one was a birthday present from one of my 10 year old students 6 years ago. I think it came from a local fruit shop on his way to work and it lived really happily in our classroom until he'd left school and I got promoted. Since then it's been almost constantly in flower in the kitchen.



Still haven't finished my latest socks. Got distracted by starting a felted bowl in some homespun I got from the Danby show in the Summer. Thinking (belatedly ) about my Christmas lists!

I was so cold last night - it's not our house temperature, everyone else was in T shirts - that I put these on to go to bed.



These are my first pair of socks, I think, so they're getting on a bit. The tension was a bit loose and they stretched a bit so they're too baggy to wear with shoes but make great bedsocks. They're in Lorna's Laces, Shepherd Sock and the colourway was Miata. I'm not that keen on the way this yarn washes, to be honest. The colours are great, but I much prefer Socks that Rock or Cherry Tree Hill for texture and durability.

1 comment:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

I second that emotion about Lornas Laces. Beautiful yarn but too soft for socks. Great for baby items and shawls though.