Sunday, September 21, 2008

Two posts in one weekend

I received a wonderful swap package from Amanda, as part of the Ravelry Knitters' Treasure Swap.
The sock monkey is wonderful. I'm developing quite a knitted monkey collection.



Finished my Hedgerow socks:



I don't love the yarn - it's a bit scratchy, but they will be nice socks for work. I'm trying to amass a selection of socks I can wear with suits and dark trousers. I want to get as much wear as I can from my hand knit socks, but sometimes the bright handpaints just don't work with business wear. This was from Violet Green.

J and I drove down to Whitby.



It was very busy so we bailed quite early and headed home to clear out kitchen cupboards. (Just goes to show that romance is still alive and well after 19 years together ;)) I think the next time we drive down will probably be at Halloween to people watch during the Gothic Weekend.



Called into Bobbins and bought this:



It's Kureyon Sock by Noro and it feels like hessian, which is a shame, given the price. I keep reading that it softens with washing and wear. I do hope so. If it doesn't, maybe it will help with the dry skin on my feet...

No comments: