Friday, January 30, 2009

Light at the end


I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm trying to slow down, while simultaneously trying to catch up with all the things on my 'to do' list and get on top of my job again.

This week I've been forced to slow down a little at the start of my day as a consequence of the contraflow section on the A689 road into Hartlepool. I sat there for 25 minutes, fuming and adding to my stress on Monday. Tuesday I took a different route and went up the main road into the top of the town. I used to drive this road everyday for my last job and I had forgotten how much I hated it.
Wednesday, I saw the light and went out through Seal Sands and along the coast. It's alonger drive, but takes me through the new Saltholme RSPB reserve

and Greatham Beck, where the seals live.

Then it's through Seaton Carew, past the newly restored art deco bus station and along the seafront to the Headland.

A nice start to a day when it isn't essential to arrive really early.

*****

Streamlined the 'to do' list into a 'to do this week or Monday' list. I put lots of things in the bin, delegated the things that were appropriate towards other people and spent yesterday working towards the surface of my desk.

No comments: