Thursday, October 01, 2009

Not loving it.

My brother and his wife have had their 20 week scan and we now know that they're having a boy. He's due in February. I had held off knitting as they had a miscarriage earlier in the year and I didn't want to tempt fate.

So, last week week I started a Baby Surprise Jacket in this yarn:



I hunted high and low for this pattern and was looking forward to making this, but I'm really not loving the sweater so far. It's the yarn. It feels beyond crunchy and I don't like the colour repeats. This jacket should be soft and squishy, in my humble opinion. Who wants crunch baby clothes? So, it's back to the drawing board. I'm disappointed with my first attempt.

&hearts

Ah well, on the up side, I do seem to be getting a grip on my work-related screamingly high stress levels this week. I've sorted out the things I need to do and things will get done as I can fit things into each day. I refuse to drive myself to illness over my job again.

&hearts

I'm back on the losing side. Have been really wrestling a bit of a weight loss plateau recently. A kind of one-step-forward-one-step-back thing really. I think things are on the move again.

No comments: