Friday, July 08, 2011

Uphill racing

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with daily blogging about the Tour de Fleece! To be honest, although I have managed, keeping up with the spinning has been difficult enough.

So, this week I have:
- spun, plied, skeined, washed and dried my Nowhere to Hide Falklands top from My Heart Exposed. This is my best effort so far and I'm very proud of this yarn. It will actually be suitable for socks, according to my reckoning, but I think it might be a component of some mittens I want to try.


I also finished the baby camel I had started. I love the feel of this, it's so soft - like baby alpaca. It needs to be something close to the skin. Maybe a cowl.



Now I am working on some merino from My Heart Exposed. It's trickier than the shetland and falkland I have done so far, but much less sheddy than the camel and not quite as slippery. I'm working slowly and carefully to try to get a thinnish, consistent yarn from this. I love the grey, pink, bluish colourway, which is quite different for me. It's called Eye Spy.


2 comments:

Rushton said...

I love the chartreuse!

Helen Jacobs-Grant said...

beautiful xx