Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reconnaissance

J and I went on a recce to Gibside, where I am planning a residential visit, this morning. The fog was thick and really unpleasant on the A1. It's unnerving how many idiots continue to drive around with no lights on. It's always idiots in silver/grey cars too. Impossible to see until you are almost on top of them.

Anyway. We got there safely and emerged from the gloom into a crisp, bright November morning, to be shown around by Melanie, who could not have been more helpful.

After we'd sussed everything out, we went for a wander. The grounds are lovely.










Back home again, this afternoon, I took the opportunity to do a bit of spinning. What with one thing and another, I haven't done any for ages.



I'm spinning three lots of top together to add to my collection of blue/brown/ginger yarns. Eventually I will have enough for the project I have in mind.


1 comment:

Helen Jacobs-Grant said...

aw I last went to Gibside in October 2006 just before I learned I was having Harvey, nerve damage etc etc since I havent been able to walk around there but I so love it and your photographs are just beautiful.

Love your spinning too :)

((( hugs )))
Helen x