New Year's Eve found us being totally boring old farts - including a 15 year old old fart - and staying home. I was fighting off a flare and we were all exhausted. I fell asleep in front of the telly at 10ish and was woken by J in time to go to bed well before midnight. I slept through all the fireworks and festivities and, do you know what? I don't care :)
Yesterday, New Year's Day, we had J's father over for dinner. There are some 'tensions' within J's family at times so it's always difficult to know what to expect. Yesterday he regaled us with stories about Saddam Hussein's execution for starters and it was downhill from there, so less said, the better. j was disappointed that he had missed the 'best bits of bigotry' by the time he joined us. I'm glad he can see the humour in it and dismiss the ideas and beliefs.
Resolutions! How many must I have made and not kept over the years?
Why should this year be any different?
I would like to:
- reduce the size of my stomach
- stop buying things I don't really want or need from eBay
- keep up with this blog
- reduce the size of my stash
To this end I am joining in:
- to use up lots of the sock yarn in my stash already and maintain that sense of accomplishment that comes from finished objects
- to force myself to face up to the stash and get it down (with a view to replenishing it some time with new things)
Thanks to Rho for that last one.
I'm off to find my pedometer.