Sunday, January 02, 2011

Back in the groove

Today, I took down the Christmas tree and boxed up all the decorations for another year. I even wound the cables of the lights around cardboard this time as the tangled mess that was 3 sets that had been put into one bag last year still haunts me!

I always have a moment where I think the room looks sad and empty without the tree and decorations, then I vacuum and feel much better - isn't our living room light, airy and spacious? I think. That feeling will last until someone finds something to fill the space up with.

Next, I planned to tackle this:



It's 40 Literacy and 40 maths books from my class. They need to have new targets set, printed out and stuck in, then I need to cross reference each book against the APP standards. I've already planned maths, English (reading, writing, handwriting, spelling and speaking and listening), ICT, Design and technology, RE and history/geography lessons. Yes, those long, uninterrupted holidays are definitely why I went into teaching!

J and I went for our daily, face-freezing walk on the beach this morning. On the way over there, we saw a rabbit climbing off the road onto the verge as we headed out on the Seaton Carew Road. It had obviously been hit by a car, but was moving. An hour later, we headed back and J spotted it still sitting there. We both knew what was coming next, but neither of us spoke until we were nearly home.

The upshot is, we have a poorly rabbit in a box in the dining room. The PDSA 'don't do this sort of thing' and the RSPCA have been very helpful, trying to find a vet in the area who will look at a small, wild animal, but they have had no more luck than us. In the meantime, we'll try to keep him quiet and warm.



Edited to add:

The rabbit picked up a bit this afternoon and was later collected by the RSPCA to be seen by a vet.

No comments: