Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gym bunny

Well, not really. But J and I have started to go to our local gym!
It's nice and friendly, with very few size 0s in hot pink lycra. None actually. There are lots of people our age or older mixed in with the guys who wear combat trousers and keep their hoods up who cluster together in the serious weights corner. They don't seem to actually do much training, but are there all the time. It was j's gym first. I have promised not to speak to him if we happen to be there at the same time.

So far we have an introductory regime of 30 minutes cardio: 10 mins treadmill, 10 mins bike, 10 mins cross-trainer. Then we do 30 minutes of weight machines and finish with another 10 minutes on the treadmill.

I have aches in muscles around my upper back and shoulders that I didn't know I actually had and my arse hurts. Must be doing me good!



J took this slightly manic-looking photo after this morning's session. Just taken my headband off - that's my excuse for the hair, anyway :0

No amount of weight work is going to lift my bingo wings. I'll just need to get longer sleeved T shirts ;)

No comments: