Sunday, June 26, 2011

I went shopping and I bought...

...frankly, a ridiculous amount of stuff...



...at Woolfest!

I have vowed to stop buying (much) yarn and fibre throughout the year and save my budget for Woolfest next year. Had a really good day and got so much inspiration from the wealth of colour, texture and design on display.

Loved the sheep and alpacas too. And the rabbits! And the funny little depressed-looking dog I kept running into. He looked just like J when he has to come shopping with me. (Except smaller and hairier)

My haul:



Fibre from Philippa Joad (who taught me to spin) at Wheeldale Woolcrafts.



Gorgeous yarn and a pattern for a crocheted scarf (will need to relearn crochet!), which may become a throw instead, from The Natural Dye Studio.



Sock yarn and fibre from Freyalyn.






Acid dye starter kit and some fibre from DT Craft & Design.



Lovely buttons and a flexiband for my wheel.

No comments: