j said my last batch of pumpkin soup was bland. That's fighting talk around here. So I found this recipe, which is a Thai take on pumpkin soup.
1 large pumpkin, cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium chilli, finely chopped
1 can coconut milk
Handful of coriander leaves
salt and pepper
1. Cut the pumpkin into quarters so they are a manageable size to work with. Scoop out the seeds and remove the skin.
2. Chop the flesh into small chunks and cook in boiling water until soft.
3. Meanwhile, add the chilli, garlic, half the corinader, salt and pepper to a blender and whiz until well blended.
4. When the pumpkin is soft, drain the cooking water but keep it.
5. Put the pumpkin into the blender with the chilli mix and blend.
6. Put the mixture back into a saucepan, add the coconut milk and simmer. If it is too thick, add some of the reserved cooking water.
7 . Serve in large bowls and add the remaining chopped coriander for garnish.