Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where do I begin?

Rowena's owl arrived today! What an amazing parcel! Just look at the goodies. I wish you could smell and feel everything. A picture will have to do. Or pictures!



Fabulous - almost like Christmas.
The edited highlights:
Gorgeous stitch markers; a beautiful bracelet and matching earrings in a lovely little box; bath treats; sweet treats; gardening gloves; a scarf; coffee and tea; Badger Balm products and Burts' Bees kit. These wonderful socks:



J, j and my neighbour have all fondled these so far. They feel amazing and I couldn't be happier with the colourway. Also these:



I fell in love with these when someone showed them on the Hogwarts Sock Swap 2 blog.

I'm also intrigued by the two sachets of Soak she included. I haven't seen this here in the UK. Maybe someone will correct me.

Thank You Rowena!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hmm, I guess it's a good thing I didn't order any yet for your Coffee Swap 3 package ;-) They are lovely, arent' they? I have the Harmony Options and I love them.

Rowena Hopkirk said...

I am just so thrilled you like the package!

A question: do the socks, ahem, fit???? I tried to be good with that, but you never know.

The bath ball fizzes. I thought it appropriate for a wizardly theme. :)

Does it make more sense now about Hufflepuff being good with potions? (I was so excited to see the house mascot on little tins of balm & things to send you)

Soak is the latest thing here. You put your handknits into a basin with somne of the Soak, let it soak (clever, there), and then remove without rinsing. Leaves a wonderful scent, condtions the yarn a little, and some versions may have a moth-repellant quality. Similar to Eucolan, if you've ever used that. But the scents are more fun! You can find some at theloopyewe.com - but maybe you'll want to be nice to your coffee pal & wait a little.

The coffee came from the Fairmont hotel in Calgary, Canada (which was the Castle of the Fair Mount in my tease).

Couldn't resist the gardening gloves in house colors either, since I know of your love of your beautiful garden!

I must hasten to add that the stitch markers and jewelry were not crafted by me, but purchased on Etsy. The markers are from theknittymommy, and I can't remember who made the jewelry, but I can look it up if you like.

The postcards were bluebonnets from Texas (where it's the state flower and blooms prolifically along the highways in the spring), a wolf from Calgary (much more picturesque than what I did see which was the downtown office buildings), and Lombard Street when I visited Mom in San Francisco (which has beautiful landscaping, so appropriate for your love of flowers).

Enjoy!

Rowena

Rowena Hopkirk said...

oops, correction: the moth-repellant thing would be one of the Eucolan scents (which I also use).

Oh, and I highly recommend The Loopy Ewe. Her customer service is unbelievable, and I know she ships overseas.

Rowena Hopkirk said...

And one MORE thing: I chose Wendy's Healthy Spine socks because they're reputed to be stretchy, so I thought they would be kind to your ankle.

I'm still floating that you liked the package!!!

Petunia Butterbeer said...

Terrific package!! I may have been the one showing th harmony needles way back. I since have ordered most of them at least twice over. I don't want to use anything else!! Enjoy your wonderful goodies...