Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First day of my new life

After another sleepless night, I woke up feeling bruised and exhausted, but not any actual pain. W and I had IV fluids overnight and the flotron wraps and every time one or other of us changed position we set off various alarms. Added to that, I needed to get up every two hours to go to the loo (IV fluids!) which meant detaching myself from the flotron pump and then wheeling the IV pump with me. It steered pretty much like your typical supermarket trolley.

I have aches all over, reminding me that I still do have fybromyalgia. I can feel where my head was extended for intubation and where my arms must have been resting on something and even have a bruise under my chin where my airway was kept clear by someone holding my chin up. Princess and the Pea, or what?

Spent today walking, sipping water and sleeping. Just so very tired.

Drank 1 litre of water today.

No comments: