Saturday, August 29, 2009

Food Focus

I've been having a good long look at my eating and I've realised that, although it's 100% better than it was, I'm eating too much.



I've signed up for a month of Weight Loss Resources so that I can use the food and exercise diary. It's going to make me think about what I have eaten and be honest.

I debated this for a while.Why don't I join Slimming World or WW? I have been asked. I've tried these in the past and I'm afraid any 'diet' or 'plan' has me so focused on food that it just feeds my sick relationship with the stuff. I find myself thinking about food - free choices, green days, treats, sins, calories etc - constantly. This just makes me worse. I'm much better thinking about food as little as possible.

I'm happy with the way things are going at the moment as I'm quite relaxed about food. I'm making (for the most) low fat, healthy choices. I'm not banning any foods as that makes them, instantly, all I want to eat.

Historically, I've had lots of issues with menu plans and diet clubs. Anything where your focus on food is intensified is bad for me. I'm not good with having to think about food all the time. It makes me hungry, deprived-feeling and prone to making poor food choices because 'a mars bar is only... calories/points'.

However, I think I need to accept that some days I eat too much or the balance between food groups is poor. So, we'll see how it goes for a month.

1 comment:

Diane in Chico said...

I know *exactly* what you are talking about. I could lose 7 stone and still not be thin. It's been a life long problem.

Wishing you good health.