Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cutting out...

...well, mainly cutting out...



I've had a student teacher, working in the class I share with a colleague, for a while now. Her placement ended last Wednesday. While she was lovely and caring and very hard working - as most student teachers I have ever met are, the classroom (and the children) has frayed a bit around the edges. We had to work very hard for the last two days to re-establish our brand of focus and attention to detail.

We have a challenging class - mostly boys, mostly Special Educational Needs, mostly well below age-related expectations of attainment. But they are great fun and very rewarding most of the time. I love to see the progress they are making and to see how mutually supportive they are becoming.

Anyway - we started a few new themes this week and launched the Big Write across school on Friday. While I love to start something new there is always the tons of support materials and resources that need putting together.

So, I've been writing, designing, printing but mainly cutting out...

Have I been reading too much Terry Pratchett lately?

1 comment:

Rowena Hopkirk said...

As mom to two special ed boys: THANK YOU ! ! ! ! to you and all sainted teachers like you!