Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SP8

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I'll give most yarns a go - I like to try new things. I'm probably fussier about yarn weight than type. I prefer thinner yarns to chunkies.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A the moment I use an old cardboard tube that once held a cross stitch canvas. It's old and tatty, but the right length. I keep meaning to make something nice to hold my nicer needles, but never get round to it.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting on and off since a child. I'm not sure how I would describe my skill level - I can do cables, shaping, simple colour work.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not at the moment.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I love cinnamon, berries, green scents and lavendar.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Oh, yes! Unfortunately. I love chocolate, liquorice and cinnamon flavoured sweets.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I'm a beginning quilter, have just got an Ashford loom and used to embroider (not cross stitch), but something had to give!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Like all sorts of music and am always open to new things. Yesterday my car CD player was playing a mix Cd which included Robert Miles, Cranberries, Beach Boys, Crowded House and Counting Crows. The day before I was playing Puccini, before that it was Waterboys...

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple is my 'signature' colour. I love Autumn colours too.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married and have a 15 year old son. We keep lizards, two tree frogs and like to encourage as much local wildlife as possible to live in and around the garden.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

No ponchos for me please - I'd look like a Christmas tree! Love scarves, hats and gloves. Haven't tried mittens since I used to wear the kind my Mum attached to my coat with elastic.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Like to make scarves, sweaters, socks and baby things.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Jaywalker socks in Lorna's Laces Motherlode, Shapely Tank in All Seasons Cotton, Denim Sweater for J.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes please!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Depends what I'm making. Usually wood, bamboo if I don't have wood, prefer straights, but will use circulars. Don't really like plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No, but I've had my eye on an antique one for a while.

17. How did you learn to knit?

Taught by Mum and Nana.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

oh, heck - there are bits of ancient swatches in my stash, but I don't count them. Probably 2 years old.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Love Christmas, Easter.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Sheep, Wold studio pottery, spongeware ceramics, knitting postcards.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Subscribe to Interweave Knits, Rowan, Vogue Knitting.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Steeking, hourglass heels in socks.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, I knit socks and wear a UK size 6.5, Euro 40.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

23rd April - St Geoge's Day.

No comments: