Monday, July 24, 2006

First afternoon of leisure

I've been into school to pack up my work for the holidays. Now it's sitting on the floor in the study in two crates. I thought, briefly, about being disciplined and tackling it now, but hey, I have other things to do and 6 weeks to get that done.

The All Seasons Cotton is working out nicely for the San Fransico Shirttails, but I'm glad I bought two packs when it was on sale as it isn't going far. It certainly handles nicely and looks like it may fade a little as I'm ending up with blue-tinged fingers. Nothing like Rowan Denim Knit though.

Poking about in the garden, I've been noticing some of the details that I often overlook because of the whole impression.



The barks of these three trees (Tibetan Cherry, Himalayan Birch and Snakesbark Maple) are beautiful to look at and to touch.



I've been learning how to use Photoshop from j - consequently I went overboard on the filter effects for these leaves. The novelty will wear off, I promise, but in the meantime I think the Gingko Biloba leaves on the right would make a lovely furnishing fabric. I'd buy it, anyway.



No filters on this one. A simple shot of the view up through the leaves of the largest Dixsonia Antarctica. It's a lovely canopy and the diffused light is green and cool.

No comments: