Sunday, July 30, 2006

SP8 update

Questions from SP8:
Someone has stolen your stash and all your books: now what are you going to do?

Panic, but only briefly. Call the insurance company and make a claim. Then enjoy rebuilding a new stash.

Assuming you don't let the experience discourage you from ever knitting again, here are some additional items that you could include in your answer...What would be the first thing you'd replace? What would you live without?

I would want to replace Big Girl Knits, my Barbara Walker stitch treasury, the old Rowan books and my more recent purchases as I'm not all the way through them yet, but I'm sure there are lots of things in the existing stash I could live quite happily without - all those beiges and oatmealy naturals. I think it would be like having someone steal the contents of your wardrobe; it would give a chance to go out and try things that you had never considered before.

I'm hoping my last SP8 package has reached its recipient as I haven't heard anything yet. I know she's had some family things going on recently so I'm not worrying too much.

I have been very lucky with my spoiler in this exchange, which has erased all the memories of the first, disastrous exchange I was involved in :)

No comments: