Saturday, July 21, 2007

School's Out!

It's finally THE weekend - the one after the children leave school. I'll still be in on Monday to oversee getting the building and resources ready for next year, but I'm hoping to restrict it to just Monday. (Ok, and maybe bits of the last week of the holidays...but that's it.)

So far this weekend, I have slept and cried. Combination of a lot of relief at holding things (mostly me) together for the past three weeks since J's heart attack, terrible pain in my left foot and ankle and a slight general flare that always hits me when the adrenaline drops.

I've joined J on his daily walks - we've been along the seafront at Seaton Carew and across the beach at North Gare. We would have been in the garden if it had stopped raining long enough to cut the grass :( The garden is wild and jungly. We may have to get someone in to labour for J for a few weeks before it gets away from us completely.

2 comments:

Rowena Hopkirk said...

Oh sweetie, I'm glad you got to relax enough to let the emotions out of the bag. I hope the next few weeks will be supremely restful!

Your garden is so gorgeous. I'm absolutely awful at making anything grow, and I keep trying. I had a skylight once, and the plants loved being under it, but then I had to move. Everything else has been awful. I've even purchased a little water detector thingy (I tend to overwater), but the plants still suffer under my tender care. Fortunately for them, I no longer have a yard as I am in an apartment. I have a few pots of tragically desperate things. You and J clearly have a gift!

Sally-Anne said...

I dropped by from the Hogwarts Sock Swap 2 to check out your blog.

So glad J is doing well. And you are winding down from all the stress. ...Your garden is brimming with so much life. It looks wonderful. The jasmine is so fresh, I could almost smell the sweet scent.

Grab some butterbeer, relax, watch the bumblebees and enjoy the knitting.