Saturday, August 05, 2006

Instant gratification

A knitting person needs a little light relief from big projects. (San Fran Shirtail: front finished, Bombshell: down to neckline join)Usually it's a sock and I do have one on the go, but I wanted something bright and fun and quick. Hence a small hooded sweater (maybe a jacket) for the Rubster. Lovely mix of soft homespun type yarn and glitzy ribbon. Machine washable, so as not to antagonise any sister-in-law. A quick fix and nice to handle, plus I should get to see her in it next week.



Colour hasn't come out right - much less blue and more warm cerise.

~~~~~
Bathroom is finished! J laid carpet tiles this morning amid much cursing and banging of body parts against fitments, which is always on the cards when a 6 foot 5 inch man works in a small bathroom. I'm happy with it, as it's much more me (i.e. has elements of purple in the theme) than the previous retro browns (why did I think that was a good idea?) incarnation.

J's verdict? 'The carpet looks well.' I don't often have cause to say this but I think this calls for a 'Men!' Our friends have just had £20K of kitchen fitted and he was there this afternoon. I haven't seen it yet and asked for details. 'It's ok. T took his Subaru to the circuit last weekend and got it over 140!' Not the kind of detail I meant...

No comments: